The Gender Chromosome is stronger than the Extra 21st!

>> Sunday, June 29, 2008

On a board I belong to, some mothers were inquiring about a reading program online. Maren has recently begun to use Phonics Pathways and Reading Pathways with great success for blending sounds and reading fluency. Initially, we used Hooked on Phonics, which Maren like a great deal, but finally bored of...Luckily, the Pathways series has picked up were HOP left off.

So, when this new program surfaced, I was afraid of overloading Maren and boring her with too much redundancy, but the reviews on Headsprout from the moms who use it in my group and on other sites online are awesome!

I sign up for the free trial. 2 minutes in Maren says "This is for boys." That thought hadn't occurred to me, but it is a space ship theme in the first lesson (I don't know about the rest). I tried to get her to perserve, and her response was "it's boring."

Oh well, so much for Down syndrome...the girl in Maren is far more powerful than any extra chromosome! Spaceships are for boys. so, Headsprout, if you ever do a pink and lavendar fairy, princess, or ballet theme, email me and we'll give it another shot :-). Until then, Little Miss Magic will have to stick with the other reading programs.

2 comments:

All 4 My Gals 8:13 PM  

She is so funny! :)

The Bliss Family 1:34 PM  

Thanks for stopping by our blog. Maren is hilarious! Sounds like you guys have a packed summer. Maren is just adorable.

Lisa

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP