It finally happened

>> Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Archie (nearly 4), stormed down the stairs about 30 minutes after I put him to bed, "Mom, I wish Maren didn't have Down syndrome." My heart sank...how could my baby boy say this about his sister -- Down syndrome is a part of her I'd never want to take away. "Why Archie?" With a disgusted huff and folded arms, he responded, "Because she won't stay out of my room so I can go to sleep." Bahhhhhh! Apparently, for Archie, Down syndrome means "annoying sister activities." Well, I laughed, and explained to Archie that all sisters and brothers annoy one another, and this has nothing to do with T21. Oh, said Archie, "so if I take away Down syndrome Maren would still come in my room?" Yes, Archie, she will still come in your room. And with that, he returned to bed, and moments later I hear the pitter patter of little feet as Maren snuck back to Archie's room to snuggle her brother. Sorry Archie, your stuck with a sister who loves to be with you. Must stink, eh? To be too loved....what a problem he has!

5 comments:

Leslie 10:42 AM  

So sweet! That's a great story!
:)

Unknown 7:15 PM  

This is just the story I needed to read this evening.....thank you Archie for making me laugh and thank you Maren for being such a loving sister!

Michelle 9:02 PM  

what a sweet story!

The Mom 8:45 AM  

Hee hee - that is so funny :) What do you mean brothers and sisters do annoying things to each other - I swore MY children would be perfect ;) What a sweet relationship your kids have - love it!

Anonymous 10:32 PM  

OH that is too cute!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP