Yes, It's true. I'm officially a Soccer Mom.

>> Friday, September 01, 2006

Well, we made it through week 1 of soccer practice. And, quite sheepishly I admit that I rather enjoyed it :-). Jonah is in the 8 and under group, Maren and Archie are in the 6 and under group. The practice times are actually quite fun for the kids. There is no goalie, no scorekeeper, no real competition. The parks and recreation department has set up this soccer league for kids to learn the rules, and to enjoy playing soccer. My kids are having an awesome time, and hence...I am loving it too. I don't have to listen to competitive parents screaming at their children to be more aggressive. I don't have to watch coaches berate children because they kicked the ball too far away from their bodies.

Instead, the young kids play "kick the coach" and try to chase the coach with their balls. They play "chicken nuggets" as they try to learn to change feet on the ball. They play "soccersauraus" as they try to keep the ball away from the coach so he or she doesn't "eat" their ball and walk around with it under his or her shirt. The kids squeal with delight and are learning to play a sport under optimal conditions. Who could ask for more?!

So, then, you ask, how is Maren doing? Well, on Tuesday I'll take some pictures because a picture truly is worth 1,000 words. She's decked in her pink Diadora soccer shoes, pink shin guards, pink shirt, and pink glasses. She's the soccer diva!!! She is loving playing out there and though she certainly isn't the best player -- she isn't the worst - BY FAR, LOL.

And, again, as I watch her play next to Archie who is just so athletic and natural, my heart swells with pride and love admiring them both -- just trying their best to be their best. What mom could ask for more? And, as an added bonus...I get an hour where they aren't bickering...peace!

2 comments:

The Mom 12:43 PM  

Ohh - I can't wait to see pics :) Although the picture in my mind is pretty great :) Your soccer program sounds sooo fun! Wish they had something like that here for Brady :) We are such a soccer family... Welcome to the soccer mom club - I promise you will learn to love it- it's a little addictive LOL

Unknown 8:48 AM  

Ok.. forget about working and get some of those pictures up! I can't wait to see them. I know Ryan was sooooo adorable in his little soccer outfit - wait.. actually, it was the BIG soccer outfit,,, that's what made it so cute.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP