I flicked her back...

>> Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Maren has a wonderful group of friends at school and dance, and, like all girls, some she doesn't quite click with some days.

One of the first families we met when we moved to Tuscaloosa has four children. The oldest has T21 like Maren and is on the cheerleading squad at Holy Spirit Middle School. You can see Hayley's story in our local paper http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20080330/NEWS/803300303. The third child, Max, and my oldest Jonah, were fast friends in Kindy. Max has a heart of gold and is one of the best kids you will ever meet, smart, funny, caring, and the list goes on.

The youngest Bassett child is Brooke. She's a hoot and a half: athletic, smart and stunningly beautiful. She and Maren were friends at Rise in the 2, 3, and 4 year old rooms, and Brooke left for the Holy Spirit Preschool a year early. But, this year they were reunited in Kindy.

So, of course, I assumed that Maren and Brooke would continue to be good friends. And, they are. Better than I realized, I think. Today, Maren came home and told me Brooke "flicked" her "like this" and Maren flicked her own head to show me what Brooke had done. I instantly asked, "Maren, what did you do?"

"I flicked her back and told her she was a mean girl." Bwahhhhh, my princess doesn't take it from Archie, and she certainly won't take it from Brooke. But, more importantly, Brooke clearly doesn't treat Maren as "special" or "different" anymore than she treats Hayley as different. Brooke treats Maren like a sister, and Maren responds in kind.

Life is good...in a weird way, eh?

1 comments:

Unknown 7:57 PM  

lol!!! my little pixie just recently learned about that little bird.

and you want to laugh, the other day a few of the neighbors children were over to come see Emma Sage's tadpoles and have a snack and play for a bit. One little boy is not the nices of little boys and teases [all the time]

Well, he was teasing Emma Sage and she looked him right in the face and said "You're a dumb ass"....

Yes, my child said that as matter of factly as could be.

Of coarse everyone 'gasped' and I had to tell her in a very stern voice that we don't call people that, even if the are not 'being nice and teasing'...yes, I had to let the little boy know I was fully aware of what he was doing and that while ES should not have said those exact words,,,she was right on the mark to let him know what he was doing was not nice!

I love the fact that our little girls 'get it'!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP